Why does your business need Confidential Waste Collection service?
The Data Protection Act is a piece of legislation from the legal sector of the United Kingdom. It regulates how personal data is held and processed. One of the most important revisions in this act for confidential waste is the introduction of privacy by design. This new regulation mandates that there should be an end-to-end privacy that would cover all stages of data collection, processing, storage, transmission, and disposal.
The main aim behind privacy by design is to ensure that any company handling sensitive personal information in an office environment would be responsible for the security measures taken to ensure protection from cyber attacks or hacking attempts.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has tightened up how businesses and other organisations deal with personal data privacy protection.
Now, a serious data breach could cost up to 4% of your annual turnover, or 20 million Euros, whichever is the higher which requires professional waste management services backed by certifications.
Confidential documents and data must be held, processed, and shredded securely. So, it’s vital that you deal with documents and media which contain confidential data safely such as names, addresses, phone numbers, emails, IP addresses, credit card numbers, and bank statements. It’s also important that you have an audit trail for your data, including certificates of secure collection and secure information destruction of the confidential waste to show the government your full compliance.
Waste collection and disposal services are used to store and dispose of confidential waste. With the increased data protection act, these services provided by companies like the Inspire Waste Management are becoming more and more important for businesses.
Companies need to comply with waste collection and disposal regulations such as the Data Protection Act 1998. This means that they need to get rid of any confidential documents and other information that is not required by law. They also need to protect themselves from any future penalties or fines that might be issued by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Confidential waste – Paper and media waste
From staff files and old invoices to customer letters and supplier orders, you need to keep your printer’s waste and old documents containing confidential information safe and destroy them securely. It’s also easy to forget all the information you have on old media such as USB sticks, image cards, and mobile phone SIM cards.
Our confidential waste management service can arrange regular and one-off collections, off-site and mobile shredding process, and can help you choose between bag collections, secure skips, or lockable consoles for your office or factory.
Don’t let that data fall into the wrong hands. Get your old media, and your old hard drives, destroyed securely.
Why choose Inspire Waste Management for Confidential waste collection?
Introducing Inspire Waste Management will help your business stay secure and out of trouble.
- The use of confidential waste disposal and confidential waste collection can reduce the chance of identity theft as well as the risk of personal documents being leaked.
- We are established experts with years of experience in the waste management industry.
- Our staff and contractors are licensed and vetted. Our staff are vetted to the BS 7858 standard.
- We are ISO 27001 certified – the gold standard for complete security information management.
- All the paper, textiles, and media we handle are destroyed to the BS EN 15713 standard, the highest standard in shredding service and confidential waste disposal.
- You get a certificate of destruction for the confidential paper and waste media we destroy.
- Our waste is recycled wherever possible – we never send it directly to landfill and are ISO 14001 certified.
- We free your staff from shredding duties and give you an excellent service at a competitive price.